Subject: discard-changes

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:18:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

In section 8.3.1 the draft says:

   The client can discard any changes since the last <commit> operation
   by executing the <discard-changes> operation.  The candidate
   configuration's content then reverts to the current committed
   configuration.

What exactly does "current committed configuration" mean?  Does it
mean current running, or the candidate when the <commit> command was
issued?  If it is the latter, it means that a device has to store
three copies of the configuration in order to support this correctly,
since running might be modified through edit-configs (or CLI or
whatever).

/martin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:49:02 -0500

Yes, it means it means the running configuration.  Would
this be more clear?

   The client can discard any uncommitted changes to the candidate
   configuration by executing the <discard-changes> operation.  This
   operation reverts the contents of the candidate configuration
   to the contents of the running configuration.

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:34:22 +0100 (CET)

>    to the contents of the running configuration.

Yes,

thanks

/martin