Subject: requirement: notification content self-containment

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:57:43 -0800

Hi,

It should be a requirement that the notification message
will contain enough header data to fully decode the
notification.  Info from the session, connection, or
other notifications must not be required for an application
to decode the notification contents.

This has 2 important implications:

1) There is no real reason the notifications need to come back
   on the same session that RPC operations occurred  which
   possibly caused the notifications.

2) Session parameters such as the subscription-id need to be
   replaced with parameters that have meaning to a general
   application.  This is important if the notifications are
   being logged or centrally processed by a 3rd party application.

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>