Subject: RE: Why are we doing netconf?

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:54:12 -0500

hi

<Juergen>

I assume that any reasonable data modeling language should have the
property that notifications defined with the data modeling language are
predictable.

I fail to see a requirement here for the development of a NETCONF
_protocol_ extension. If I am wrong, can you please help me phrase this
as a protocol requirement?
</Juergen>

Well, there are people who will be evaluating existing solutions against
these requirements, so I'd prefer to have it in there with a note that
in Netconf this is part of the content layer, not the protocol
operations. We will need to have a sense of *how* predictable content
comes into being, even if it is does in the data model.

<Juergen>

So what is the distinction between an event class and an event type?

</Juergen>
There isn't one.

Sharon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:07:44 +0200

> comes into being, even if it is does in the data model.

So are you saying you want to have a requirement which says:

* solution should leave the definition of notification formats 
  to the data models

I am not really sure I captured the idea here...

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany