Subject: RE: Notification Message Processing Model

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:03:54 -0500

hi

<Phil>
A long-lived RPC running on a distinct channel is trivial and is allowed
within the existing netconf spec for no additional protocol-level work.
Just make a capability that defines your RPCs and you are golden.
</Phil>

The long-lived RPC makes the client much more complicated and prevents
you from supporting quite  a few notification-related features. It is
definitely a false economy to consider it a cheaper solution.

Sharon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:22:17 -0500

"Sharon Chisholm" writes:
>you from supporting quite  a few notification-related features.

I'm not following you.  How is the client more complex and
what features are blocked from supporting?

Thanks,
 Phil