Subject: Informal Issue summary for Netconf Notification

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:51:10 -0500

hi

Here is what I believe to be the current list of open issues against the
Netconf Event Notification draft, based on mailing list discussions. 

1)	To <wrap> or not to <wrap>
This started out as an objection to the <rpc-one-way> tag. From
discussion on the mailing list, it seems that people are invested in the
analogy of the <rpc> tag to a traditional RPC, so keeping things as they
are was removed from the option list.  This leaves us with two:

A) Have a wrapper around the <notification> called something like
<one-way-message> which contains the message ID similar to the <rpc> tag
and also can appear in the same box in the Netconf Layer Picture.

B) Compress the two layers and move the message ID into the
<notification> and replace the Netconf Layer Picture with a more
complicated one that accurately shows this change in layers (Like the
one Andy suggested at one point).

2)	Endless reply versus subscription: seem to have consensus for
subscription

3)	Multiple-channel support: seem to have consensus to defer

4)	Need to verify mapping to application/transport protocols

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>