Subject: CallHome Notifications

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:50:13 -0400

hi

This capability was added after there seemed to be working group
consensus that it was needed. The specification explicitly states that
it doesn't provide reliable delivery of notifications since I think it
makes sense to state up front what isn't supported in this alternative
method so that we don't have to spend a lot of cycles trying to get
parity with the main subscription method.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:28:28 +0200

Hello,
Once a call-home session is established what is the reason that it is less reliable then 
the subscription based notifications ?

Why do the call-home session need to be short lived ?

(I agree that if the network manager is down or it's address is incorrect etc. then we 
will not get any notifications.)
Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320     email: [email-masked]