Subject: session-specific parameters

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:54:51 -0700

Hi,

IMO, the only valid reason to pass parameters in the "start notifications"
RPC is to send session-specific parameters that do not belong in
the NV-stored data model for shared parameters.

New term:

   session-specific parameter:

     A parameter, for which the particular value of this parameter
     can conceptually only be relevant to the specific session
     using the parameter.

     Examples: TimeFilter, retrieve notifications since time-N,
               requested max-buffer-size

Note that the particular values of content filtering parameters are relevant
across sessions, devices, and even vendors, and therefore are
not session-specific parameters.

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>