Subject: Character encoding for Netconf messages?

From: "Jim Fehrle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:07:59 -0700

How can an application determine what character set is being used

in Netconf messages?  Is this specified with an element like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

in each message, or can it be set once for the connection in the
<hello>?

If UTF-8 isn't mandated, how can the application determine what encoding

the device can accept?  (aside from an error message for an unsupported
encoding)

Jim Fehrle

Juniper Networks

---

From: "Kent Watsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:31:35 -0700

Sorry, please ignore this message - it is an earlier version of the one
I sent out two days ago...

Jim is my colleague and had some mailing-list subscription issue - he
didn't mean to send this out

Thanks,

Kent

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jim Fehrle
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Character encoding for Netconf messages?

Jim Fehrle

Juniper Networks