Subject: RE: draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt - NITs

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:19:12 +0200

A few editorial NITs for you to consider in the next revision.

While reading I noticed (sect 3.1.2.1):

            <priority facility="kern" level="debug"/>

whereas on page 7 I see:

   o  "kernel" -- Messages generated by the kernel

so should it be:

            <priority facility="kernel" level="debug"/>

so that they are in sync?
There is another occurrence on page 11.

and also (again in section 3.1.2.1):

              <parameter>peer=10.1.2.3</parameter>

And I guess that that represents and ip-address?
If so, I suggest to use an address aka RFC3330 in the range 192.0.2.0/24
This will avoid a possible later comment/discuss at IESG level.
Possibly (on page 11):
       <parameter>peer=10.*</parameter>
also is net 10? and so maybe it is then better to do 192.* ??

Further, I do not think that RFC1157 is a normative reference.
At least I would make it informative. But even if you do, 
maybe it is better to use RFC3410.

Bert

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>