Subject: Open Call to NETCONF Data Modelling Design Teams

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:31:54 -0700

Hi,

Dan, Simon, and I have crafted a mission statement for a design team,
except we decided not to run an official design team.  Instead, we are
issuing an Open Call to anyone who wants to write a draft in response
to these 3 challenges:

   Determine the best way to leverage the SMI/SNMP/SYSLOG experience
   we have in the IETF to create a simple, user-friendly,
   fully functional standards-based NM framework for the NETCONF protocol.

   Determine the best way to represent, organize, manage, and
   manipulate data models in a single vendor-extensible framework that
   allows for a "unified view" human API, even if there are N machine
   APIs as well (SNMP, NETCONF, SYSLOG, WEB, CLI).

   Determine the best way to migrate from proprietary-based configuration
   to standards-based configuration.

You can write whatever draft you want, at anytime, as always,
but these are the data modeling questions that the co-Chairs
and the AD are asking, in order to decide the best standards path
forward for netconf data modeling.

thanks,
Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>