Subject: FW: Relax NG use in RAI

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:16:43 +0300

I believe that this may be of interest for the Netconf and Netmod folks.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:18 PM
To: Lisa Dusseault; XML Directorate; Jon Peterson
Cc: IESG IESG; Henning Schulzrinne
Subject: Relax NG use in RAI

Hi all - I'm looking for some advice here.

The RAI area uses XML all over the place and every time we get to have a
discussion about DTD/Scheme/Relax NG. More than one person has suggested
we could make life easier and stop the same discussion from happening
over and over again. I am considering sending an email that says
something like the following and I would like to get some input on how
to word this or if I should send it at all. Thanks, Cullen

In the RAI area, when working with XML, many folks have come to the  
conclusion that Relax NG is currently the preferred schema language.   
Authors are encouraged to use Relax NG unless there is a good reason to
use something else. Ease of reuse of previous work could certainly be a
good reason to choose something else. In the future,  other things may
come along and this is not meant to block usage of better tools when and
where they are more appropriate.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>