Subject: Notification draft 4 question

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:22:59 +0200

Hello Sharon, Hector,
Some questions:
- Why is it really needed to be able to query the notification subscriptions as described 
in chapter 3.4 ?
As far as I remember we can not query ongoing sessions either. The manager surely knows
it's own sessions. Querying other user's sessions might even be seen as a security problem.

- Why did you/we decide not to have a stop time in the replay capability?

- Why did you/we decide to stop a replay subscription after the stored notifications are 
sent. I would find it useful to let it run and supply new notifications as usual.
With the current solution if you have a restart you first have to replay the lost 
notifications, then kill the replay subscription. Simultaneously you have to start a 
normal notification session to receive new notifications and then filter out any 
notifications that might have arrived on both sessions.
If we would have a stop time and could set it to never, all you would have to do is start 
a subscription and let it run.

Balazs

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>