Subject: comments on notification draft 04

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:38:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Some comments:

o  3.2.5.1  The example rpc/rpc-reply is not correct XML.  It should
   be:

    <rpc message-id="101"
         xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
      <get>
        <filter type="subtree">
          <eventStreams xmlns="???"/>
        </filter>
      </get>
    </rpc>

   <rpc-reply message-id="101"
              xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
     <data>
       <eventStreams xmlns="???">

       [...]

       </eventStreams>
     </data>
   </rpc-reply>

  Where "???" should be the namespace uri of the namespace where
  'eventStreams' is defined.  Currently, the schema in 3.2.5.3 is
  missing a targetNamespace.

o  section 3.2.5.2 is redundant

o  3.2.5.3  the complexType under "eventStreams" should have a
   minOccurs="0"; otherwise the server can't return an empty list of
   event streams, which it should be able to do according to 3.2.5.1.
   (If I interpret that section correctly).

o  3.4  in this schema, the messagesSent has a minOccurs="0".  why?

o  3.4  the element namedProfile/name should probably have a type.

o  5.1 the example got the namespaces wrong.  It should be:

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <notification
             xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0">
        <data>
          <event xmlns="http://example.com/event/1.0">

   in order to match the other examples.

o  section 6.  examples also have wrong namespaces and prefixes.  I
   can email the details off-line.

   also, the xpath filter defined in the base protocol uses a "select"
   attribute for the xpath expression (it's in the rfc editor's list
   of edits I believe).

o  7.3 defines a URL for the replay capability
   (http://ietf.org/netconf/notificationReplay/1.0)  Why isn't this a
   URN?

o  7.5.1  now states that the startTime refers to the time the event
   is generated.  But since the generation time might not be present
   in the event, how can a client know which time to use?

o  There are quite a few new namespaces defined (and corresponding
   schemas).

     urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:capability:notification:1.0
     <unnamed from 3.2.5.3>
     urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:subscription:1.0
     urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0
     urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:replayNotification:1.0
     http://ietf.org/netconf/notificationReplay/1.0

   Are all these necessary?

/martin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>