Subject: RE: NETCONF Notifications Issues List

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:51:40 -0500

hi

Cut and paste error on number one. dataInlineType changed from an
extension of anyType to a restriction.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Chisholm, Sharon (CAR:ZZ00) 
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 3:50 PM
To: 'Netconf (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: NETCONF Notifications Issues List

 hi

Two more comments:

1. New issue: I was apparently validating things against an older
version of the Netconf base protocol definition and now that I have the
proper version, my event instances are not validating correctly. You
can't put content in the data field.  This is a result of the base
protocol changing to
  <xs:complexType name="dataInlineType">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"/>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>
 
from
 
     <xs:complexType name="configInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType> 

I have a product tripping over this at the moment so I should have
solutions shortly.

2. All of Bert's comments you reference below were addressed in the -04
release except for those highlighted in the discussion email. All
comments received to that point are in that boat.
	http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01171.html

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andy Bierman
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:40 PM
To: Netconf (E-mail)
Subject: NETCONF Notifications Issues List

Hi,

I started an issues list for the discussion at the IETF meeting.
Many sections are blank, which means there are either no problems or no
comments made recently on that topic.  I really hope everyone in the WG
takes the time to read this draft and send comments to the WG mailing
list.  We need to get this document ready for WG Last Call.

1) Design

2) RPC Methods
   - create-subscription
     - why isn't there a stop-time in the replay capability?  [BL]
     - why stop notifications after replay (e.g. no tail -f mode) [BL]

3) Filters

4) Capabilities

5) <notification> Element

6) Data Models
   - Why do we need to query the notification subscriptions? [BL]
   http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01226.html

7) Syntax (General XSD issues)
   - Why do we need 3 namespaces? [BL]
   - The XML Schema should start with a top level element (e.g. <top>)
     and specify the containing elements all the way down. [BL]
   http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01226.html

8) Documentation (Organization, clarity, references, bugs)
   - assorted comments and corrections (10/24/06 email) [BL]
     http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01227.html

   - assorted comments and corrections (10/24/06 email) [MB]
     http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01228.html

   - notification-03 review [BW]
     http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01165.html

9) Security Considerations

   - Need paragraph stating that security threats are handled during
     NETCONF session establishment, and the notification mechanism
     does not introduce any new threats, since any data available
     through <notification> can also be made available to the <get> RPC.

[DR]

10) Transport Mappings

   - Which transports must be supported in version 1.0?

   - Document packaging
     Include in Notifications RFC or create 2 separate RFCs? 4 separate
RFCs?

   - SOAP needs a lot of specification work; not going to hold up the
entire
     work item waiting for this document. [AB]

   - SOAP could use Ajax Push design [TG]
     http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01216.html

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>