Subject: streamslist?

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:44:37 -0800

Hi,

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the concept and construct
called StreamsList in the XSD is not what the WG agreed to at the
interim meeting.

Reading carefully, a subscription in the draft is somehow coupled to
a list of streams (presumably combined in some undefined manner).
A subscription is supposed to be made to a single stream.  The agent can 
decide to
create many streams, which are sensible combinations of other streams,
but not the manager. 

Also, there were some stream attributes in Phil's original proposal
that are missing, such as replay capability.   IMO we should stick
closer to the original proposal here.

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:09:31 -0500

Hi

I think it aligns to what we agreed to and Hector sourced Phil's draft
when he created the section on streams. The replay stuff is in the
draft. 

The other issue you raised is about cardinality. Cardinality of
associating streams to subscriptions was ambiguous in the -03 version so
we made it more explicit in the -04 version. This was one of the issues
raised. It is currently defined that you can associate more then one
stream to a subscription.

Stream management is out of scope of this document so we can't really
make too many assumptions about how dynamic they will be, although some
people I've spoken to think they will be fairly static.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andy Bierman
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 1:45 PM
To: netconf
Subject: streamslist?

Hi,

Reading carefully, a subscription in the draft is somehow coupled to a
list of streams (presumably combined in some undefined manner).
A subscription is supposed to be made to a single stream.  The agent can
decide to create many streams, which are sensible combinations of other
streams, but not the manager. 

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>