Subject: RFC 4743 on Using NETCONF over the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:34:45 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4743

        Title:      Using NETCONF over the Simple 
                    Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 
        Author:     T. Goddard
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 39734
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-soap-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4743.txt

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) is applicable to a wide
range of devices in a variety of environments.  Web Services is one
such environment and is presently characterized by the use of the
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).  NETCONF finds many benefits in
this environment: from the reuse of existing standards, to ease of
software development, to integration with deployed systems.  Herein,
we describe SOAP over HTTP and SOAP over Blocks Exchange Extensible
Protocol (BEEP) bindings for NETCONF.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>