Subject: Proposed Edits to Notification Draft

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:42:09 -0500

Hi

The following is the proposed set of edits to the Notification draft to
resolve comments received. It may not reflect recently received
comments.

1. Put back schema to create and query named profiles, except combine
into single schema with the one for event stream discovery. (Source:
Martin & Andy)

2.  In section 1.2, indicate that RPCs requests received on a
notification session may be discarded silently. (Source: Balazs)

3.  In section 2.3, indicate that termination may also result from
termination of the underlying transport session or reaching a stop time
on a replay. (Source: Balazs)

4. In section 3.2.5, delete the first sentence of the second paragraph
and merge the second sentence with the first paragraph. (Source: Martin)

5. In section 3.2.5.2, fix namespace. (Source: Martin)

6. In section 3.2.5.2, delete the appInfo reference to netmod tags.
(Source: Andy, others)

7. In section 3.2.5.2, fix the schemaLocation to be the proper urn.
(source Li Yan)

8. In section 3.3.3, replace "While it is possible" with "While it may
be possible". (Source: Balazs)

9. In section 3.4, there is some confusion between individual filter
criteria (severity=major) and the collective set of filters one gets in
a named profile or with in-line filters. In checking with the base
protocol specification, I think the terms should be filter element and
filter respectively. The section (and perhaps other parts of the
document) will be updated to consistently use these terms to clear
things up. (Source: Martin)

10. In section 5, update/add explanation of data model assumptions to
the filter examples (Source: Andy)

11. In section 5.1 and 5.2, fix Schema errors. (Source: Martin)

12. In section 5.2, remove the neb prefix. (Source: Martin)

11. In section 6.2, replace the Error-info for start-time-too-early with
"<log-startime>: Timestamp of earliest event available for replay".
(Source: Balazs; Martin)

12. In section 6.2, add text indicating that in the event of a warning,
the event subscription is still created. (Source Martin). Note I also
propose changing the severity of start-stop-time-mismatch to an error
instead of a warning.

13. In section 6.3, indicate that after the replayComplete notification
is sent, the session then becomes a normal Netconf session. (Source:
Balazs)

14. In section 6.3, indicate that the replayCompleteNotification can not
be filtered out. (Source Martin)

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:49:27 -0500

Hi

The draft has been submitted with two addition edits.

I clarified that the XML in a Notification was well formed and I added a
reference to XPATH.

Either Hector fixed the quotation mark issue in section 5.2, or I was
unable to detect it so I didn't change anything as a result of that
comment.

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Chisholm, Sharon (CAR:ZZ00)
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 9:42 AM
To: netconf
Subject: Proposed Edits to Notification Draft

Hi

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:10:14 +0100

<inline>
Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
To: "netconf" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:49 PM
Subject: RE: Proposed Edits to Notification Draft

Hi

<tp>
Sharon,

I am looking at section 5.2 and seeing

 <netconf:filter type="xpath"
           select="event/eventClasses/fault' and
              (event[severity='critical'] or
               event[severity='major'] or
               event[severity='minor')))"/>

which appears to have seven single quotes, one left hand round bracket and three
right hand round brackets, three left hand square brackets and two right hand
square brackets.

</tp>

Sharon

-----Original Message-----

Hi

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

---

From: "Hector Trevino \(htrevino\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:25:51 -0800

Tom,

Hi, I was looking at your comment and noticed that this section (5.2)
was not get updated properly. We'll update.
Thanks
Hector

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of tom.petch
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 10:10 AM
To: Sharon Chisholm; netconf
Subject: Re: Proposed Edits to Notification Draft

<inline>
Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
To: "netconf" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:49 PM
Subject: RE: Proposed Edits to Notification Draft

Hi

which appears to have seven single quotes, one left hand round bracket
and three right hand round brackets, three left hand square brackets and
two right hand square brackets.

</tp>

Sharon

-----Original Message-----

Hi

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:37:58 -0800

> was not get updated properly. We'll update.

At this point, only post proposed edits to the mailing list.
Do not make any edits or publish a new draft until after the WGLC is over.

> Hector

thanks,
Andy