Subject: am I missing some error code

From: "James Balestriere \(jbalestr\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:17:54 +0800

Hi ,

Someone sends this request
<rpc message-id="8.25">
 
<copy-config><target><running/></target><source><startup/></copy-config>
</rpc>

and gets an operation-failed error and starts questioning the
capabilities
my box supports.

But, when I go through the error codes in Appendix A, I do not see any
error code
which deals with malformed XML so I have to use the catch-all
operation-failed. 
I think in some cases returning operation-failed to malformed xml could
be a
 bit misleading.

Have I missed some error code somewhere which is more appropriate ?
or do we need to add one ?

James.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>