Subject: Comments on notification-6

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:49:29 +0100

Hello,
Generally the document is in good shape, I could except it as is, but still I have some comments:

1.) Consider adding: content of notification messages is out of scope.

1.2 paragraph 2) The sentence starting with "These event notifications..." might need some 
rewording.

2.1.1) An example could be useful.

2.2.1) An example could be useful.

3.2.5.1) Change title to Stream Retrieval ...

3.3) Why do we need more then one namespace? I feel we should put everything into one.

3.5) Remove first sentence. There can be only one filter.

5.1) The sample event list is hard to understand. I would rather like to know which bit of XML 
will go into each event. Is it the <eventEntry> element as a whole or just the contents of 
<eventEntry> ? The example on page 24 indicates only the contents, the example on page 25 
indicates the whole <eventEntry>. The two examples contradict each other.

5.1 page 25) In my understanding the example is faulty. The last <eventEntry> clause is useless 
as the first <eventClass>fault<eventClass> clause will always let through all "faults". The 
first clause should be removed.

6.2) I would mention that in replay sessions events are always sent in order of their 
timestamps. Events occurring during a replay will not be sent immediately, but only after all 
previous events are sent.

Balazs

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>