Subject: Clarification on RFC3289 (diffserv MIB)

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:54:42 +0100

It was claimed at the meeting that RFC3289 would only describe
configuration-related, but that's not true: It includes many counters
that people use for monitoring.

So it seems usable as a basis if we want to compare different data
modeling approaches with respect to their ability of distinguishing
configuration vs. monitoring data.
-- 
Simon.

[...dozens of similar definitions...]
diffServAlgRandomDropOctets OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX       Counter64
    MAX-ACCESS   read-only
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
       "The number of octets that have been randomly dropped by this
       drop process.  This counter applies, therefore, only to random
       droppers.

       Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur at re-
       initialization of the management system and at other times as
       indicated by the value of ifCounterDiscontinuityTime on the
       relevant interface."
    ::= { diffServAlgDropEntry 9 }
[...]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>