Subject: RE: Begin Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-netconf-notification-07.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:00:58 +0200

1. This document needs a (temporary) 'Change Log' section. This is
needed now, as we are in final editing phase in the WG and we want to
make sure that all and only changes reflecting the comments in the Last
Call and reviews are addressed. This will be needed also in the coming
phases, so I suggest to include it starting with the coming I-D version.

2. The IANA Considerations version is a little confusing with the usage
of past time for what is actually a requirement for registry entry from
IANA. Also, there is no such reference [7] which is mentioned in this
section. 

3. There seems to be no need for [RFC2223] to be referenced. If there is
a need however in order to avoid what would be a DOWNREF from a
standards track to an Informational document, [RFC2223] should be
included in a newly created Informational References sub-section. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andy Bierman
> Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 6:04 PM
> To: Netconf (E-mail)
> Subject: Begin Working Group Last Call: 
> draft-ietf-netconf-notification-07.txt
> 
> Hi,
> 
> The NETCONF WG is concluding work on the NETCONF 
> Notifications document.
> The WG is urged to review the latest draft as soon as 
> possible and send comments to the WG mailing list:
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-notific
ation-07.txt

At this time, only corrections and strong objections are being
considered.

An issue with the named profiles has been raised, in which there is
concern that the <edit-config> operation cannot be implemented in an
interoperable manner for the <filter> element.

Do you think named profiles are important to keep in this document?

Do you think the edit-config interoperability problem is important?

Do you understand the XSDs?  Are they correct?

Do you understand the examples?  Are they correct?

Do you understand how new notifications in new XSDs would be defined?

Do you understand how create-subscription works with named profiles?

Do you understand how notification replay works?

Should the <notification> element allow 'anyAttribute' like the <rpc>
element?
Currently attributes are not allowed at all in the <notification>
element.

Please send your comments to the WG mailing list by June 8, 2007 at 5PM
ET.

thanks,
Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>