Subject: Notification Issue 6: SSH Transport

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:09:55 -0700

Hi,

I re-read RFC 4742 and I can only find 1 normative paragraph
that is impacted by the Notifications draft:

-------------------------
sec. 4, para 1:

OLD:

   A NETCONF over SSH session consists of the manager and agent
   exchanging complete XML documents.  Once the session has been
   established and capabilities have been exchanged, the manager will
   send complete XML documents containing <rpc> elements to the server,
   and the agent will respond with complete XML documents containing
   <rpc-reply> elements.

NEW: (new last sentence)

   A NETCONF over SSH session consists of the manager and agent
   exchanging complete XML documents.  Once the session has been
   established and capabilities have been exchanged, the manager will
   send complete XML documents containing <rpc> elements to the server,
   and the agent will respond with complete XML documents containing
   <rpc-reply> elements.  In addition, complete XML documents containing
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   <notification> elements may be sent from the agent to the manager.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-------------------------

There is also 1 known bug:

sec 7, para 2:

OLD:

   IANA assigned port <830> for this purpose.

NEW:

   IANA assigned port 830 for this purpose.
                      ^^^

-------------------------

These are the only known edits to RFC 4742 AFAIK.
(Do we really have to rev the RFC for this?)

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>