Subject: Named profiles to be removed from next notifications draft

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:23:05 +0200

Sharon will put up a snapshot of the upcoming -08 revision of
draft-ietf-netconf-notifications later today for the group to review.
This should give you the chance for a quick round of comments before
the I-D cutoff (Monday 9 July 9 AM EST).

As a heads-up: One of the changes in the upcoming version is that
named profiles will be removed.  The use case for these seems weak,
they are more of a syntactic convenience, and we couldn't get
consensus on the data model for them.

We may add them back later IF someone provides a convincing use case
AND we can specify them in a generally acceptable manner.  As I said,
this has been difficult in the last round.

If you do find that removing named profiles would be an intolerable
loss, please speak up soon.
-- 
Simon.
NETCONF WG co-chair

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>