Subject: RE: Notification-07 XSD bugs in <import>

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 14:04:31 -0400

Hi

Clarification on this since we seem to change this every release. I take
it this is now what IANA is recommending we put? Is there a reference?
Will this be the final value or is it a placeholder that will be
replaced before publication?

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andy Bierman
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:53 PM
To: Netconf (E-mail)
Subject: Notification-07 XSD bugs in <import>

Hi,

Two more XSD bugs:

---------------------

OLD:

 <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
         schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>

NEW:

 <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
   schemaLocation=
    "http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema/netconf.xsd"/>
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------
OLD:

 <xs:import namespace=
       "urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:notification:1.0"
         schemaLocation=
            "urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:notification:1.0"/>

NEW:

 <xs:import namespace=
       "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0"
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
         schemaLocation=
          
"http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema/notification.xsd"/>
           
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------------

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:13:21 -0700

> replaced before publication?

We don't change this every release.
It has been wrong from the start.
For namespace URIs we use one format, and for capability URIs,
we use another.  In the import clause, the 2nd string is supposed
to be a URL.  Otherwise the validation tool gives an error message
like "Cannot open urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"

Andy

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:19:49 -0700

Sharon Chisholm wrote:
> >...

You are right about the notification.xsd schema, but the netconf.xsd file
already exists.

>     "http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/schema/netconf.xsd"/>

change to

  <xs:import namespace="xxx -- assigned by IANA"
    schemaLocation="yyy -- assigned by IANA"/>

 > ...

Andy