Subject: binary params

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:43:33 -0700

Hi,

IMO, all the binary clauses (some yes/no, some true/false)
are really confusing.  They actually make the DML more complicated,
not less complicated, as intended.  There are too many on/off
knobs that interact with each other, and create many illegal
combinations (read CLRs).  I will review the latest draft
over the weekend and see if I have more specific suggestions.

I prefer enumerated values like:

   max-access none/read-only/read-write/read-create;

rather than the boolean style:

   read-allowed yes/no;
   write-allowed yes/no;
   create-allowed yes/no;

IMO, it is more descriptive and less complicated.
This is subjective, I realize, but the fewer knobs the better.
Ask Steve Jobs. He knows. ;-)

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:20:47 -0700

Andy Bierman wrote:

Sorry, I sent this to the wrong list.
Should have gone to a private list.

Andy