Subject: FW: Status of netconf-schema-query

From: "Bert Wijnen - IETF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:56:25 +0100

Mark, Hideki, Sharon,

From the last IETF71 Netconf Minutes, we see that our AD (Dan) has
recommended that the authors of

      draft-okita-netconf-advertisement-00.txt
   and
      draft-scott-netconf-schema-query-00.txt
   would get together and try to come up with a common proposal.

Both documents were read by about the same amount of people (10-11)
and when asked who would like adopt each of the documents, they
both got some 5-7 or so supporters. So it is best to see if we
can merge the best from the two.

So, can the two of you (with your co-authors/co-editors) work together
to create a new (or merge your existing) document(s) that we can
put on the WG agenda for the upcoming IETF. The goal should be
to try and address the WG charter item that says:

      3. Schema advertisement: Currently the NETCONF protocol is able to
          advertise which protocol features are supported on a particular
          netconf-capable device. However, there is currently no way to
discover
          which XML Schema are supported on the device. The NETCONF working
          group will produce a standards-track RFC with mechanisms making
this
          discovery possible.

Note that the charter also says:

   This item may be merged with "NETCONF monitoring" into a single document.

That is why we also copied Sharon.

We as WG chairs would like to know what the 3 of you want to do:
a) submit one WG netconf-monitoring draft that incorporates the best
   ideas from the 3 of your drafts including the schema advertisement, or
b) submit monitoring document based on existing monitoring
   document and do a separate schema-advertisment related document.

In any case, we would like the documents to be submitted asap/timely,
so that they meet the -00 cutof date of 11 feb 2008. This so that we
have ample time to study and review and so that we can have a fruitful
discussion at IETF71.

Bert and Mehmet

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>