Subject: [Netconf] review of monitoring-01

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:24:56 -0400

Hi,

[This was stuck in my outgoing queue for a while; I've had a few
problems with email delivery.]

I have reviewed this document and have comments.

First, kudos for including front matter that explained what the schema
would contain. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1) should session monitoring include logoutTime? It might be useful to
operators to know what sessions existed, say, earlier in the day, when
some configuration change occurred. How long could have a default
value that could be manipulated by an administrator based on company
policies or environmental conditions (e.g. location and sensitivity of
the managed device)

2) configurations:lockStatus - will this support partially locked?

3) under subscriptions:
	s/ all notifications subscriptions/notification subscriptions/

I don't know if there are XML rules that would prohibit it, but I
recommend putting any type definitions before the elements that use
them, to avoid forward references. Since you might be importing types
as well, this keeps all the type information together at the beginning
of the schema.

4) in schema:location, what is the difference between a network device
and a network location?

I suggest that people writing proposals consider adding some comments
to separate the portions of the schemas so people can find portions
they want to find, without having to parse the XSD or use grep.
Section 2 talks about a list of supported schemas, and <schemaList>
includes a <location> element. Is that element defined in this XSD
someplace?

Is the following valid XML syntax?
	<version&lt;1.0<version>

s/netcponf/netconf/

5) Throughout this (and any other data modeling document) it would be
helpful to have reference clauses that indicate where the concept is
defined in the Netconf RFC, or whatever. 

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf