Subject: [Netconf] Confirmation of planned NETCONF over TLS Implementations

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Muenich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:39:58 +0200

Dear All,

during the NETCONF WG session in IETF 71 the co-chairs
asked whether anybody is going to implement the 'NETCONF 
over TLS' draft.

IWRC the result was:

(Planned) Implementations of NETCONF over TLS (0 hands):
No one in the audience was planning to implement.

After the meeting Badra stated that he is implementing.

Q: Others please speak up on the maillist if you are going 
to implement NETCONF over TLS draft.

<Note of the chairs>
We need 2 implementations to be able to get it to draft 
standard status. We think that even for a proposed standard, 
it makes no sense if only one single person is planning to 
implement. A standards track document should be implemented 
by many (at least 2, but preferably many more). 

Therefor the chairs have the opinion that it does not 
make sense to standardize the document if there is no 
other interested party to implement. 
So, please speak up if there is anybody implementing or planning 
to implement.

Note: If someone does not want to disclose his implementation
plans to the list but wants to be counted please send a private 
mail to the co-chairs. We will not disclose the names of people 
who request to be counted as anonymous.

PS: What we are talking about are "implementations with 
independent code base".

Thank you.

Bert & Mehmet
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf