Subject: [Netconf] netconf.yang

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:31:59 -0800

Hi,

I published an I-D containing the netconf.yang module I wrote.
I do not know if this would be a NETCONF work item, a NETMOD
work item, or just an Informational individual submission.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bierman-netmod-netconf-module-00.txt

I agree with Phil and others that the solution for the 'with-defaults'
feature should entail augmenting the appropriate RPC input
sections with a leaf of some sort, rather than passing parameters
on the side, via the <rpc> XML attributes.  This is a cleaner
approach in both design and access control enforcement.

In order to augment the NETCONF RPC methods, ever, for
any reason, some choices will have to be made:

   - Should YANG and DSDL be supported, or just XSD?
     The NETMOD WG has declared XSD dead, long live DSDL,
     but the NETCONF WG has only XSD specifications.
     At some point, some convergence would be in order.

   - The 4741 XSD cannot be augmented, except in some
     anticipated nodes, such as adding new rpcOperationTypes.
     Adding new parameters to existing RPC operations is
     not currently supported by this XSD.

If the 'with-defaults' work item in the new charter gets
approved, then I would like a short timeslot at IETF #74
to discuss the netconf.yang draft and these issues.

thanks,
Andy

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf