Subject: Re: [Netconf] access control: current implementations

From: "James Balestriere (jbalestr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 05:46:13 +0800

I originally thought access control was deliberately excluded, but, when
I realised
Access control is data-model dependant I was able to add a form of
access control.

My current data-models are CLI based and my boxes currently have CLI
mechanisms to define 
access control which amongst other things interoperates with a AAA
server. For all my netconf users
I can define authorization levels which gives them access to commands.
When a Netconf user connects
I use the Netconf login user id to determine my authorization level for
all operations on the session.
For a CLI based data model this works fine. Once we move to more
advanced data models
Then this simple approach will not necessarily work.

James.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of WashamFan
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 12:43 PM
To: Johan Rydberg
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Netconf] access control: current implementations

Hi,
That is the question I want to ask, too. Access control seems have not
yet been put on the table. I am not sure how people care about this
issue now.

washam

> Could you out there who have your own agent implementations describe  
> your access control mechanism, and how it maps to different NETCONF  
> operations?

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: "James Balestriere (jbalestr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 05:46:13 +0800

James.

-----Original Message-----

Hi,

washam