Subject: [Netconf] Summary of NETCONF WG Session at IETF #74

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:52:51 +0100

Hi Dan,

please find below a short summary of the NETCONF WG session on TUESDAY,
March 24, 2009, 1300-1500:

- We had 40 persons in the 2 hour NETCONF session.
- We reviewed the status of the WG
- We went through the chartered WG items and had a good discussion and
review of the documents.

- NETCONF over TLS was in "AD followup" (in the mean time approved by
IESG).
- Partial Lock RPC is in "AD review". Two clarifications will be done in
RFC editor's note.
- For NETCONF Monitoring Schema is an update necessary after long issue
discussion. 
- 4741bis draft is rather new and there will be a few issue discussion
on the maillist.
- Parameter handling for With-defaults capability draft will be
simplified.

- Bob Cole presented on "Robust Configuration Management" which will be
updated with NETCONF terminology.

- The discussion on "Generic solution on message integrity" showed that
there are two favored options: a) extending the security considerations
section of SSH, b) introducing escaping mechanism for all transports
using streaming.
- There was a sense in the room for enabling YANG to define XML
attributes based on YANG extensions and using YANG for the definition of
NETCONF base module. Additional discussion in the NETMOD session the day
after showed this again. Will be brought to the maillist for
confirmation.

Cheers,
Bert & Mehmet