Subject: [Netconf] 4741bis - data stores

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:03:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

There has been some discussion whether different combinations of
capabilities are allowed or not.  A clarification could be that we
explicitly state that any combination is allowed unless otherwise
stated.

One such combination is :confimed-commit and :startup.  The text on
:confimed-commit says:

   If the device reboots for any reason before the confirm timeout
   expires, the server MUST restore the configuration to its state
   before the confirmed commit was issued.

But this seems to contradict the fact that the startup configuration
is used when the device boots.

Proposal:

  Describe that the startup configuration is used also in this case.

  This means that if the client wants to make a config change
  persistent when using the candidate and confirmed commit on a device
  which also has startup, it needs to:

       commit confirmed
       <verify the change>
       commit
       copy running to startup

Comments?

/martin