Subject: [Netconf] partial-lock, 2.1.1.2

From: WashamFan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:19:46 +0800

Hi,

para2 says:

   Each manager has his or her own task, which does not involve the
   modification of overlapping sections of the datastore.

If no overlapping is involved, what partial lock is for? I think, the point is,
each manager is authorized to one or more separate areas, but it might be
possible that more than one managers are authorized to the same area. Then,
it is where partial lock works.

I think, it'd better if we clarify more.

washam

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:51:01 -0700

> I think, it'd better if we clarify more.

The candidate config has no concept of a partial commit
or a partial discard-changes.  The only safe way to
use the candidate config is one-session-at-a-time (i.e.,
with a global lock on the candidate).

> washam

Andy