Subject: [Netconf] 4741bis - multiple namespaces

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:04:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Section 7.1 says:

     If the configuration is available in multiple formats, such as
     XML and text, an XML namespace can be used to specify which
     format is desired.  In the following example, the client uses a
     specific element (<config-text>) in a specific namespace to
     indicate to the server the desire to receive the configuration in
     an alternative format.  The server may support any number of
     distinct formats or views into the configuration data, with the
     client using the <filter> parameter to select between them.

It looks like namespaces are used for two different purposes;
different data models and different formats.  This leads to some
questions:

  Can the same be achieved with XPath? 

  If no filter is specified, what should the server return - *all*
  namespaces (mulitple data models, multiple formats), or all
  namespaces for *some* format?  How would you get all data for the
  text format?

IMO this feature looks broken.

Does anyone implement this?  Can we remove this paragraph?

/martin