Subject: [Netconf] RFC 5539 on NETCONF over Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5539

        Title:      NETCONF over Transport Layer Security 
                    (TLS) 
        Author:     M. Badra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16073
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-tls-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5539.txt

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to
install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of network devices.
This document describes how to use the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
protocol to secure NETCONF exchanges.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute