Subject: [Netconf] :writable-running

From: shikhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 02:39:59 +0200

Hi,

With regard to the :writable-running capability, under 'modifications to 
existing operations' only <edit-config> and <copy-config> are indicated. 
Shouldn't <lock> and <unlock> also be mentioned here?

Although; the <lock> example in the text has <running/> as target -- was it 
the intention to allow running datastore to be locked even without :writable-
running?

-- 
/shikhar

---

From: WashamFan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:13:10 +0800

>  the intention to allow running datastore to be locked even without :writable-

To my understanding, it is allowed to lock <running> without :writable-running
as lock <running> does not mean modifying <running> definitely.

Given session A with :candidate and session B with :writable-running, it is
beneficial for session A to lock both <candidate> and <running> for consistency.

washam