Subject: [Netconf] 4741bis-00: error-path

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 08:03:18 -0700

Hi,

pg 16:

    error-path:  Contains the absolute XPath [2] expression identifying
       the element path to the node that is associated with the error
       being reported in a particular rpc-error element.  This element
       will not be present if no appropriate payload element can be
       associated with a particular error condition, or if the
       'bad-element' QString returned in the 'error-info' container is
       sufficient to identify the node associated with the error.  When
       the XPath expression is interpreted, the set of namespace
       declarations are those in scope on the rpc-error element,
       including the default namespace.

[note sentence 2]

pg 85:

          <xs:element name="error-path" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>

[note minOccurs]

When this text was written, there was significantly less understanding of the
content layer details.  Now that YANG is almost here, and the
instance-identifier is available, it seems clear that error-path field
should be used all the time, and the <bad-element>QName</bad-element>
approach should be deprecated.

The error-path should be mandatory-to-implement, not optional.

Andy