Subject: [Netconf] Summary of action items, decisions, etc. from the NETCONF session

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:40:59 +0200

Dear NETCONF WG,

please find below a short summary and action items from the NETCONF WG
session on July 28, 2009:

- We had 37 participants in the 2 hour NETCONF session.

Partial Lock RPC:
- Partial Lock RPC for NETCONF is planned to bring to IESG chat on
August 13, 2009. Bert will keep shepherding.

NETCONF Monitoring:
- Juergen to check, whether the IP address types are consistent with
yang-types and to notify the WG maillist.
- The WG decided not to wait on YANG and to bring the NETCONF Monitoring
draft to IETF LC with XSD model as normative.  
- Mehmet to prepare a document write-up.

NETCONF 4741bis:
- Different issues have been discussed and decided during the session.
Martin to bring the result and open issues to the maillist.

With-defaults capability:
- There was some discussion on remaining issues. 
- A WGLC will be started to discuss them and additional issues further.
Mehmet to start a WGLC.

Robust Configuration Management:
- Bob Cole presented on the not-chartered draft "Robust Configuration
Management within NETCONF". 
- The sense in the room was positive however there was not sufficient
support to adopt it as a WG item at present.
- Bob to address raised concerns and to trigger the discussion on
NETCONF maillist with a document update.

Chairs to check the sense of the WG on following issues and possible new
work:
- 4742bis or clarifications
- NETCONF database architecture
- Access control

Cheers,
Bert & Mehmet