Subject: [Netconf] comments on monitoring-08 draft

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:07:01 -0700

Hi,

I noticed that the 'transport' identity was replaced
with a 'session-type' identity, and now the
/sessions/session/transport leaf
has been changed to a session-type leaf.  Yet no new
standard identities were added, and no semantics were
altered.

I object to this gratuitous incompatible change with -07.
It looks like some tweaks to support proprietary data models.
IMO, the vendor should augment the entry with a different leaf.
I really want to know the transport, not some meaningless
'session type' that happens to look like a transport type.

Also, I thought we were going to make the get-schema/input/version
parameter optional, and add a default=YANG to the format
parameter.  Instead the /sessions/session/loginTime was
changed to mandatory.

Andy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:36:17 +0200 (CEST)

> standard identities were added, and no semantics were

Right, this was just a name change of the identity.

> It looks like some tweaks to support proprietary data models.

I don't understand how changing the name of a data type is a tweak for
proprietary data models.

The only reason we changed this name was that the old name,
'transport' has too many connotations.  In NETCONF, SSH is a
transport, but for the purpose of this document we say that
netconf-ssh is a session-type.

> parameter.

I agree with you.

> Instead the /sessions/session/loginTime was
> changed to mandatory.

Do you think it should be mandatory false?  If so, why?  Should any
other leaf be mandatory true?

/martin