Subject: [Netconf] update for 4741bis (text removed from monitoring draft)

From: "Mark Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:17:23 -0500

Hi Martin,

Per ML consensus the following text has been removed from the monitoring
draft and should be covered in 4741bis (if not already sufficiently
covered there):

                "The capabilities of a NETCONF server may change over
time.  However,

                once a NETCONF server has announced its capabilities in
the <hello>

                message, the capabilities for that session MUST NOT
change.  A

                server MUST reply with a 'capabilities-changed' error if
the client

                sends a request which is affected by a modified
capability.

                A server MAY choose to send 'capabilities-changed' as
the response

                to any request other than <close-session> if its
capabilities has

                changed."

It will be removed from the monitoring draft in rev-10.

cheers,

Mark