Subject: [Netconf] error-path issues

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:54:48 -0800

Hi,

I opened a new trouble ticket for 4741bis:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netconf/trac/ticket/20

There may be 2 issues related to error-path

 1) error-path SHOULD be used whenever possible, and error-info/bad-element
    SHOULD NOT be used [this ticket]

I plan to address this issue in the next 4741bis draft by adding normative
text similar to the text above.  The XSD will not be changed (minOccurs=0
will still be present because this is a SHOULD, not a MUST).

 2) error-path will be with /nc:rpc if the error-causing data is within
    the request PDU. It will start with the top-level database element
    if the data is not within the request PDU (e.g., commit, copy-config,
    validate).  [no ticket]

I am not sure if this issue is already resolved.
The YANG draft specifies this behavior but 4741bis has
contradictory text.

Andy