Subject: Re: [Netconf] 4741bis - error-path

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:48:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netconf/trac/wiki/Issues_4741bis#issue-003

I propose the following text for error-path.  It also (partly) covers
Andy's issue in
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netconf/current/msg04630.html.

  error-path:  Contains the absolute XPath [2] expression identifying
      the element path to the node that is associated with the error
      being reported in a particular rpc-error element.  This element
      will not be present if no appropriate payload element or data
      store node can be associated with a particular error condition.

      The XPath expression is interpreted in the following context:

      *  The set of namespace declarations are those in scope on the
         rpc-error element.

      *  The set of variable bindings is empty.

      *  The function library is the core function library.

      The context node depends on the node associated with the error
      being reported:

      *  If a payload element can be associated with the error, the
         context node is the rpc request's document node (i.e. the "rpc"
         element).

      *  Otherwise, the context node is the root of all data models,
         i.e. the node which has the top-level nodes from all data
         models as children.

The example on page 19 will also use an error-path starting from a
data model node:

         <error-path>
           /t:top/t:interface[t:name="Ethernet0/0"]/t:mtu
         </error-path>

/martin