Subject: [Netconf] Uniform capabilities

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:45:36 +0100

Hello,
Is there any rule that forces the NETCONF server to present the same set 
of capabilities to all sessions? Or is it possible to present different 
capabilities based on
- the management user
- the source of the session
- operations during a session that change session settings
- etc.

Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320                  email: [email-masked]

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:33:23 +0100

> - operations during a session that change session settings

I have not checked but I hope the specs stay silent about this because
we will end up debating what is "a NETCONF server"; so even if there
would be text that says all sessions have to have the same
capabilities, an implementation can simply claim every session gets a
different server. And during software updates, this rightfully might
be the case.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>