Subject: [Netconf] Access Control discussion in Anaheim WAS:RE: NETCONF replace operation

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:30:14 +0100

Hi Andy and Wes,

Thanks for bringing up (again) the issues of acces control.

We as WG-chairs believe that the best way forward is to have an initial
draft that describes some the things/problems you talk about. Sort of a
"problem statement" if you like. It would also be good if the draft
hints 
at some direction and/or possible solutions.

Then, if you could prepare some slides for the next IETF meeting, that
would allows us to hopefully have a fruitfull discussion.

It is not that we do not want access control on our charter. It is just 
that we would like to have some understanding of how we can tackle it, 
so that we can try to estimate:
- what we must/can deliver
- when we can deliver it
- what is in and what is out of scope.

Without some people putting in an initial effort to get things
documented 
in an Internet Draft, it seems that we just rehash some issues that only

a very small set of people understand.

Bert and Mehmet