Subject: [Netconf] Action required before May 5th 2010: WG LAST CALL for draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-07.txt

From: "Bert Wijnen \(IETF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:35:06 +0200

This email starts a formal WG Last Call for the
draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-07.txt document

The document is intended to be published as Proposed Standard.

WGLC ends on May 5th 2010 (any timezone).

Pls do review and send us your comments and feedback.
Also, if you see no problems with the document pls let us know.
A comment like:
      I read the document and am happy with it.
isusefull too.  It helps us determine how many people actually did review.

Thanks,
Bert and Mehmet (WG chairs)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:45 PM
Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-07.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the 
IETF.

Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-07.txt
Pages           : 21
Date            : 2010-04-19

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read configuration data from a
NETCONF server.  Part of this data is not set by the NETCONF client,
but rather a default value is used.  In many situations the NETCONF
client has a priori knowledge about default data, so the NETCONF
server does not need to send it to the client.  In other situations
the NETCONF client will need this data as part of the NETCONF <rpc-
reply> messages.  This document defines a capability-based extension
to the NETCONF protocol that allows the NETCONF client to control
whether default values are part of NETCONF <rpc-reply> messages or
<copy-config> output to the target URL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/