Subject: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5717 (2746)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 05:08:51 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5717,
"Partial Lock Remote Procedure Call (RPC) for NETCONF".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5717&eid=2746

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Mehmet Ersue <[email-masked]>

Section: Appendix C

Original Text
-------------
   Step 6 - Lock user Joe

   <nc:rpc
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
         message-id="104">
     <partial-lock>
       <select xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
         /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </select>
     </partial-lock>
   </nc:rpc>

   The NETCONF server grants the partial lock.  The scope of this second
   lock includes only the <user> node with name Joe.  The lock protects
   all data below this particular <user> node.

   Step 7 - Receive lock

   <nc:rpc-reply
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
     message-id="104">
       <lock-id>2</lock-id>
       <locked-node xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
           /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </locked-node>
   </nc:rpc-reply>

Corrected Text
--------------
   Step 6 - Lock user Joe

   <nc:rpc
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
         message-id="104">
     <partial-lock>
        <select xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
          /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]
        </select>
     </partial-lock>
   </nc:rpc>

   The NETCONF server grants the partial lock.  The scope of this second
   lock includes only the <user> node with name Joe.  The lock protects
   all data below this particular <user> node.

   Step 7 - Receive lock

   <nc:rpc-reply
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
     message-id="104">
       <lock-id>2</lock-id>
        <locked-node xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
            /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]
        </locked-node>
   </nc:rpc-reply>

Notes
-----
- Appendix C is non-normative.
- The instance identifier: /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]" 
must be replaced with:     /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5717 (draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Partial Lock Remote Procedure Call (RPC) for NETCONF
Publication Date    : December 2009
Author(s)           : B. Lengyel, M. Bjorklund
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:26:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

This Errata is correct (i.e. it fixes a bug), but it is a duplicate of
Errata ID: 2657.

/martin

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:39:26 +0100

Martin,

the new Errata 2746 corrects a bug in the old one.

The plan is to reject old Errata 2657 and to accept 
new Errata 2746, which will done soon by Dan.

Mehmet 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Martin Bjorklund [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:26 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Ersue, Mehmet (NSN -
> DE/Munich); [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5717 (2746)
> 
> Hi,
> 
> 
> > must be replaced with:

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:48:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> the new Errata 2746 corrects a bug in the old one.

Aha, the extra double quote.  Ok, good.

/martin