Subject: Re: [Netconf] js comments on draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-03

From: "Andy Bierman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 03:34:43 -0700

The reason I want these notifications is that people tend to ignore locking so knowing other sessions started may avoid collisions manually.

Andy

----- Reply message -----
From: "Martin Bjorklund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2011 02:45
Subject: [Netconf] js comments on draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-03
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]> wrote:
> So the solution could be to require that all NC session starts/ends
> are reported and additional MGMT session starts/ends MAY be reported
> at the discretion of the device. But forcing this would likely be a
> failure.

MAY be reported is fine with me.  I agree that this cannot be a MUST
or SHOULD.

> (And for SNMP, we lived so far with a session start/end
> notification - so this is probably not even needed.)

One reason could be that there really are no sessions when UDP is
used...   But removing this notif would of course also make the
problem go away ;)

/martin
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf