Subject: [Netconf] comment on http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-sdn-dc-problem-statement-and-use-cases-00

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:07:37 +0200

In document:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-sdn-dc-problem-statement-and-use-cases-00

I see:

         NETCONF/YANG provides a XML-based solution for network device
         configuration. It has been in wide-deployment. By definition, it
         supports server-to-client configuration, but not client-to-server
         alarms or feedback.

That is not correct.

I think (after consultation with some other NetConf people) that the
following would be a better description:

         NETCONF/YANG provides a XML-based solution for network device
         configuration. It has been in wide-deployment. By definition, it
         supports client-to-server configuration, and server-to-client
         alarms or feedback (The servers are the devices/systems to be
         configured, the clients are the network configuration/management
         systems). NETCONF provides support for executing configuration
         change transactions over multiple devices.

Bert