Subject: [Netconf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-06.txt> (Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 07:05:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG
(netconf) to consider the following document:
- 'Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The standardization of network configuration interfaces for use with
   the NETCONF protocol requires a structured and secure operating
   environment that promotes human usability and multi-vendor
   interoperability.  There is a need for standard mechanisms to
   restrict NETCONF protocol access for particular users to a pre-
   configured subset of all available NETCONF protocol operations and
   content.  This document defines such an access control model.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-access-control/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-access-control/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:25:34 +0100

So, WG and specifically editors/authors,

This IETF Last Call runs till 28 Nov.
Our AD (Dan) is planning to put this document on the IESG
agenda for 1 Dec. So it is important that you/we respond
to any IETF LC comments/questions promptly. This so we can
try to come to closure on these before th actual IESG telechat
occurs.

That way, hopefully this document gets approved BEFORE the
end of this calendar year.

We can start with Dan comments from his AD review (which
he posted earler today).

Bert
document shepherd.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-06.txt> (Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model) to 
Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 07:05:45 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Abstract

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce