Subject: [Netconf] What to check in cndidate config?

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:13:58 +0200

Hello,
When editing a candidate config some model constraints may be violated 
temporarily. E.g. mandatory leafs might be added in a later separate 
edit-config. However some constraints are probably checked immediately, 
e.g. the string "XYZ"  is not accepted if a leaf's type is int32.
Is there somewhere a list describing which type of checks should or 
should not be checked at edit-config to the candidate, and which should 
only be checked at a validate or commit operation. Ideally this list of 
constraints/checks should be part of the YANG RFC.

regards Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Tel: +36-1-437-7320
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909              email: [email-masked]

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:19:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> edit-config. However some constraints are probably checked
> immediately, e.g. the string "XYZ" is not accepted if a leaf's type is
> int32.
> should not be checked at edit-config to the candidate, and which
> should only be checked at a validate or commit operation. Ideally this
> list of constraints/checks should be part of the YANG RFC.

See Section 8.3 in RFC 6020.

/martin