Subject: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6241 (3822)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 02:11:48 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6241,
"Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6241&eid=3822

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Jonathan Hansford <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.4.4.1

Original Text
-------------
Description:

      Cancels an ongoing confirmed commit.  If the <persist-id>
      parameter is not given, the <cancel-commit> operation MUST be
      issued on the same session that issued the confirmed commit.

Parameters:

   persist-id:

         Cancels a persistent confirmed commit.  The value MUST be
         equal to the value given in the <persist> parameter to the
         <commit> operation.  If the value does not match, the
         operation fails with an "invalid-value" error.

Corrected Text
--------------
Description:

      Cancels an ongoing sequence of confirmed commits. If the
      <persist-id> parameter is not given, the <cancel-commit>
      operation MUST be issued on the same session that issued the
      sequence of confirmed commits.

Parameters:

   persist-id:

         Cancels a persistent sequence of confirmed commits. The
         value MUST be equal to the value given in the <persist>
         parameter to the <commit> operation. If the value does not
         match, the operation fails with an "invalid-value" error.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6241 (draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
Publication Date    : June 2011
Author(s)           : R. Enns, Ed., M. Bjorklund, Ed., J. Schoenwaelder, Ed., A. Bierman, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG