Subject: [Netconf] netconf server terminology

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 11:11:49 +0200

Hi,

the document introduces the term 'application' in section 2. There is
no clear definition provided but I think it is reasonably clear what
is meant in section 2. The data model later on used the term 'network
managers' which I tend to be believe is the same as 'application' in
section 2. If this is correct, I would prefer to have just a single
term that is used consistently throughout the document. Since RFC 6244
seems to use 'application' and 'client application', I think it makes
sense to go with one of these terms and to get rid of 'network
managers'.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 01:55:45 +0000

Fair enough, I cleaned up a lot of terminology already, but expected there
would be a need for more.

Thanks for your review.

Kent

On 7/9/14, 5:11 AM, "Juergen Schoenwaelder"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf