Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:59:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : NETCONF Call Home using SSH
        Author          : Kent Watsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   This document presents a technique for a NETCONF server to request
   that a NETCONF client initiates a SSH connection to the NETCONF
   server, a technique referred to as 'call home'.  Call home is needed
   to support deployments where the NETCONF client is otherwise unable
   to initiate a SSH connection to the NETCONF server directly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:16:18 +0000

I discussed posting this last-minute update with the NETCONF chairs
before.  It's not a big change, the diffs show best, but the changes
include:

  * Changed title to "NETCONF Call Home using SSH"
    [This sounds better, esp. when considering other transports]

  * Changed "MUST" to "SHOULD" in the Applicability Statement.
    [this addresses Andy and Benoit's comments from London]

  * Revised the Abstract and Introduction to better explain what the
    document regards.
    [now better targets use-case being addressed]

  * Added a "Draft Naming" section explaining why, despite its name,
    reversing SSH is nowhere in the text
    [this section can be deleted when/if draft promoted to RFC]

  * Added PGP keys as another kind of SSH host key encoding identity
    and signed by a trust anchor.
    [to underscore that X.509 isn't the only solution avail]

  * Revised the Device Considerations section to more clearly explain
    why a device configuration data model is out of scope, and hence
    an Informative reference.

  * Clarified Security Considerations section on use of serial
    numbers.

Thanks,
Kent

On 7/21/14, 3:59 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf