Subject: [Netconf] do we want to demo at Bits and Bytes at IETF91 (or 92) ??

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:14:37 +0200

The IETF chair wrote in his IETF90 summary:

    The third new item was the Bits-and-Bites event,
    which has been running for some years, but this time we
    had a new format and a focus topic. We had ten different
    organisations demonstrating Internet of Things solutions,
    and a lot of interested participants looking at the demos.
    We will be continuing the Bits-and-Bites event series in
    future IETFs in the same fashion – please propose focus
    topics that you would like to see.

We could propose demos of products in the NETCONF/NETMOD
space. But it would mean that we need willing participants
(basically sponsors). IIRC it is 10K per vendor (we
can ask specifics if people need to know before they
want to commit). And we need multiple before it makes sense
I think.

We could do generic NM so that we get potentially more
participants, but I would love the focus on NETCONF related
topics.

Bert (speaking as an individual).