Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 01:10:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Zero Touch Provisioning for NETCONF Call Home (ZeroTouch)
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Stephen Hanna
                          Joe Marcus Clarke
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-06-30

Abstract:
   This draft presents a technique for establishing a secure NETCONF
   connection between a newly deployed IP-based device, configured with
   just its factory default settings, and the new owner's Network
   Management System (NMS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:13:30 +0000

All,

This update takes into account all the comments received since the last
update.  Specifically:

    * Major structural update; the essence is the same.  Most every
      section was rewritten to some degree.
    * Added a Use Cases section
    * Added diagrams for "Actors and Roles" and "NMS Precondition"
      sections, and greatly improved the "Device Boot Sequence" diagram
    * Removed support for physical presence or any ability for
      Configlets to not be signed.
    * Defined the ZeroTouch Information DHCP option
    * Added an ability for devices to also download images from
      Configuration Servers
    * Added an ability for Configlets to be encrypted
    * Now Configuration Servers only have to support HTTP/S - no other
      schemes possible

    * Posted as a WG document

As of now, all the drafts reverse-ssh, netconf-server-model, and zerotouch
have been updated and again represent a consistent set.  It's best to read
them in that order, as they build on top of each other that way.

Please review before Toronto so we can have good discussion.

Cheers,
Kent

On 7/1/14, 4:10 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf