Subject: [Netconf] Draft minutes/notes for our Virtual meting we had on Monday Sept 22, 2014

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:05:29 +0200

Below are "minutes" as taken by our meeting robot
(see webchat.freenode.net). Kent introduced us to this tool
Would be good to hear if people prefer this over etherpad.

Attendees:

* Kent Watsen
* Juergen Schoenwaelder
* Andy Bierman
* Dan Romascanu
* Mahesh Jethhanandani
* Bert Wijnen (WG co-chair)
* Mehmet Ersue (WG co-chair)

Regrets: Benoit Claise

Recording Information: NETCONF Bi-weekly Meeting-20140922 1706-1
Topic:	       	       NETCONF Bi-weekly Meeting-20140922 1706-1
Create time:           9/22/14 9:00 pm
File size:             135.52MB
Duration:              1 hour 51 minutes
Description:
Streaming recording link:
     https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/ldr.php?RCID=4471a74e39db0527e20450dee7e0c83d
Download recording link:
     https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/lsr.php?RCID=74685966dcfe937c9452e65e80931d65

Bert: w.r.t. meeting recordings, we have decided to not store them someplace permanently.
       WEBEX keeps the recordings for a while, but when they expire they will be gone.
       (does anyone know how long they will stick around?)

===================
#netconf-wg Meeting
===================

Meeting started by kwatsen at 17:21:06 UTC.  The full logs are available
at netconf-wg/2014/netconf-wg.2014-09-22-17.21.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------

* Agenda Bashing  (kwatsen, 17:22:40)
    * Bert asks around...  (kwatsen, 17:32:11)

* RESTCONF  (kwatsen, 17:32:23)
    * Bert asked about the issue of CLI and NETCONF. Advised that since it
      is not part of the charter that a draft be written and brought on
      the mailing list.  (mj, 17:33:51)
    * Andy asks about monitoring being part of RESTCONF or keep separate
      (kwatsen, 17:34:28)
    * We are talking about how to announce supported modules and the idea
      in NY was to do that in a separate YANG module.  (js__, 17:37:21)
    * Juergen prefers a distinct capability for RESTCONF for monitoring
      (kwatsen, 17:37:33)
    * No, Juergen said that the announcement of capabilities and data
      models supported should be driven by a common data model.  (js__,
      17:38:03)
    * Makes sense that both RESTCONF and NETCONF return a similar format,
      but doesn't have to be same content  (kwatsen, 17:47:02)
    * Bert: leave 6022 alone for now  (andy agrees)  (kwatsen, 17:52:27)
    * does this mean 6022 will have redundant info for a while?  (Andy
      says yes, until changed, only redundant if implement both protocols)
      (kwatsen, 17:55:30)
    * ACTION: Andy will capture in draft text and then we'll discuss more
      (kwatsen, 17:58:29)
    * I assume the data model for announcements of data models will be
      very small and it will be YANG specific (and not support other data
      modeling languages, which RFC 6022 allows)  (js__, 17:58:37)
    * now starting discussion on NACM  (kwatsen, 17:58:41)
    * ACTION: Andy will try to capture a minimal set of rules  (kwatsen,
      18:01:51)
    * Juergen mentions desire for better notifications (SNMP trap like) -
      maybe best to put in RESTCONF now?  (kwatsen, 18:05:03)
    * LINK:
      https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-swhyte-i2rs-data-collection-system-00
      (kwatsen, 18:05:05)
    * LINK:
      https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements-00
      (js__, 18:06:53)
    * maybe better to remove notifications (SSE) from RESTCONF  (kwatsen,
      18:09:32)

* Call Home  (kwatsen, 18:09:13)
    * no comments

* Call Home  (kwatsen, 18:12:52)
    * ACTION: Kent to lookup who raised the call-hone enable knobs
      (bwijnen, 18:46:57)
    * ACTION: Kent to find out who raised the enable-knob  (kwatsen_,
      18:53:05)
    * ACTION: Andy and Martin to check which config knobs might be good to
      tune at runtime  (kwatsen_, 18:53:51)
    * ACTION: Kent to check what Junos allows  (kwatsen_, 18:54:05)
    * ACTION: Juergen says he'll send 5539bis update tomorrow  (kwatsen_,
      18:57:57)
    * I (mahesh) will try to work on a -00 draft for CLI support before
      the 91 meeting.  (mj, 18:59:18)

Meeting ended at 19:00:12 UTC.

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* kwatsen (20)
* kwatsen_ (10)
* js__ (4)
* meetbot (3)
* mj (3)
* bwijnen (2)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4