Subject: [Netconf] [Errata Verified] RFC6241 (4066)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 06:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6241,
"Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6241&eid=4066

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-07-30
Verified by: Benoit Claise (IESG)

Section: 7.2

Original Text
-------------
If the "operation" attribute is not specified, the
configuration is merged into the configuration datastore.

Corrected Text
--------------
If the "operation" attribute is not specified, then the 
operation applied to the parent data node of the configuration
is used. If no parent data node is available, then the value of 
the <default-operation> parameter is used.  If the 
<default-operation> parameter is not given, the configuration 
is merged into the configuration datastore.

Notes
-----
sentence in para 6 is not correct.
The default-operation value is used, not the value "merge".

Discussion on the NETCONF mailing list. See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netconf/current/msg09169.html

--------------------------------------
RFC6241 (draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
Publication Date    : June 2011
Author(s)           : R. Enns, Ed., M. Bjorklund, Ed., J. Schoenwaelder, Ed., A. Bierman, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG