Subject: [Netconf] restconf notifications - SSE vs HTTP 2.0 push

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:55:39 +0100

Hi,

the restconf I-D has text about using Server-Send Events (SSE) for
event notifications but there is no normative reference for SSE.  I
assume I have to look at <http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/>.  I am
wondering whether this is the proper way to go since we have HTTP 2.0
coming up as well.

- Looking at <http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/>, has someone
  verified that the encoding works with all possible content?

- Since HTTP 2.0 will likely supports unsolicited push responses,
  would that not be a much cleaner solution for event notifications?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Reinaldo Penno (repenno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 04:53:22 +0000

I think it will be a loooong time before HTTP 2.0 find its way into all
browsers, Java/Python/C/other libraries and servers into significant
numbers. The installed base is just too large. We should focus on what we
can deploy with HTTP 1.1.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

On 11/30/14, 3:55 AM, "Juergen Schoenwaelder"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf