Subject: Re: [Netconf] YANG Patch #2: parsing QNames in value parameter anyxml

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 21:42:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I do not understand the problem in #2 - or rather, I think it is an
implementation detail.  The description says:

  The edit "value" node is encoded as YANG anyxml.  If the content
  passed in this parameter contains qualified names, such as an
  identityref or instance-identifier data types, then the generic
  anyxml parser will ignore prefix information and simply parse a
  string node.

  The parser needs to know a specific node has QNames in the content
  or just guess that any string with a colon in it is a QName (not
  very robust).

IMO, the parser needs to be schema aware.  So first it parses the
target parameter in order to find which node to modify.  Then, using
the schema for the target node, it can parse the value parameter.

(The edit-config parser is just a specific case of this, with the
target node being the root node of the datastore.)

/martin

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 12:51:41 -0800

Hi,

I think it is an implementation detail.

The order within a JSON object is not required to
have the target before the value.
Another implementation detail.

Andy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 21:55:21 +0100 (CET)

> Another implementation detail.

Yep; requires buffering.

/martin