Subject: [Netconf] [Errata Verified] RFC6241 (3980)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 01:59:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6241,
"Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6241&eid=3980

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Klement Sekera <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-05-05
Verified by: Benoit Claise (IESG)

Section: 6.2.5 6.3

Original Text
-------------
In section 6.3:

OLD:
   The
   algorithm continues until all sibling sets in all subtrees specified
   in the filter have been processed.

In section 6.2.5

OLD:
  o  If any sibling nodes of the selection node are instance identifier
      components for a conceptual data structure (e.g., list key leaf),
      then they MAY also be included in the filter output.

Corrected Text
--------------
In section 6.3:

NEW:

   The 
   algorithm continues until all sibling sets in all subtrees specified
   in the filter have been processed. If any sibling nodes of a node
   are instance identifier components for a conceptual data structure
   (e.g., list key leaf), then they MAY also be included in the filter 
   output.

In section 6.2.5

NEW:

Notes
-----
The intent is to allow the server to always include the key node values and the wording accidentally does not cover this case.

Here is the OLD/NEW in a more intuitive way:
In section 6.3:

OLD:

  The algorithm continues until all sibling sets in all subtrees specified
   in the filter have been processed.
NEW:

   The algorithm continues until all sibling sets in all subtrees specified
   in the filter have been processed. If any sibling nodes of a node
   are instance identifier components for a conceptual data structure
   (e.g., list key leaf), then they MAY also be included in the filter output.

Implicitly in section 6.2.5 to delete the moved text:

OLD:

   If any sibling nodes of the selection node are instance identifier
   components for a conceptual data structure (e.g., list key leaf),
   then they MAY also be included in the filter output.

NEW:
   <void>

--------------------------------------
RFC6241 (draft-ietf-netconf-4741bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
Publication Date    : June 2011
Author(s)           : R. Enns, Ed., M. Bjorklund, Ed., J. Schoenwaelder, Ed., A. Bierman, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG