Subject: [Netconf] 3 new related RESTCONF/anyxml Issues

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:09:11 -0800

Hi,

RESTCONF #17: terminal nodes as resources

I just noticed that the term 'data resource' in sec. 1.3.4 does not
include leaf-list as a node that can be a data resource.
The draft is mostly silent about the processing of terminal nodes as
data resources (except patching a leaf).
Details and examples for leaf-list and anyxml should be added.

Proposed solution:

  --> leaf-list as data resource rules TBD
  --> anyxml edited as a whole. Nested data nodes in anyxml mare still
        part of the anyxml resource, not a new sub-resource

 RESTCONF #18: depth parameter and anyxml

The depth parameter in 4.8.4 says each new child level increments
the depth level. The terminology mixes 'data node', 'resource',
and 'sub-resource'.

Proposed solution:

  ---> for counting nest levels, sub-resources are counted, not data nodes.
         anyxml nodes cannot have sub-resources

RESTCONF #19: fields parameter and anyxml

The fields parameter in 4.8.5 does not say if nested data nodes within
an anyxml object can be selected or not.

Proposed solution:

  ---> for selecting nested data nodes, anyxml is treated as a terminal node
         so no sub-nodes within an instance can be selected with the fields
         parameter.

Andy

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:00:43 +0000

>        part of the anyxml resource, not a new sub-resource

Agreed

>         anyxml nodes cannot have sub-resources

Agreed

>         so no sub-nodes within an instance can be selected with the

Agreed

K.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:21:29 -0800

Hi,

Nobody has objected to the clarifications suggested below.
These 3 issues are now in the "verify" state.
Unless there are any objections by Saturday, February 28, 2015,
these issues will move to the "edit" state.

Andy