Subject: Re: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library-00.txt

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:35:02 -0500

[email-masked] writes:
>        Title           : YANG Module Library
>        Authors         : Andy Bierman
>                          Martin Bjorklund
>                          Kent Watsen
>	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library-00.txt

The concept of "conformace" here is still not compatible with my
understanding of YANG's import statement.  Since importing a statement
doesn't mean one implements the module, it's not proper to announce
modules one doesn't implement (viewed here a "conformance false"
modules) via <hello>, so it wouldn't make sense here either.

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 10:48:13 -0800

> modules) via <hello>, so it wouldn't make sense here either.

I would be OK with removing the 'conformance' leaf and not mentioning
it at all (open issue #1).

Import-by-revision is not used everywhere.  IMO this is good
because it can be complex and doesn't really work wrt/
multiple revisions of protocol-accessible objects.

Since the revision dates for imports are rarely available, clients need to
retrieve them from the server, or get them from the <hello>.

>  Phil

Andy

>
> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 20:33:57 +0100 (CET)

Phil Shafer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> modules) via <hello>

Agreed.

> so it wouldn't make sense here either.

Disagree.  Unless import-by revision is used everywhere (it is not),
this can be useful (see solution P1b-01 in
draft-bjorklund-yang-conformance-problem-00).  There are other ways of
solving this as well (see the draft).

/martin

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 15:13:20 -0800

> solving this as well (see the draft).

The conformance leaf is compatible with the consensus that
the server implements one revision of a module.  This leaf
would be set to 'true' for the 1 revision that the server would
advertise.  It is set to 'false' for any other revisions of the smae
module that might be present.

Andy