Subject: [Netconf] Library #3: relationship to ietf-netconf-monitoring

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:11:33 -0800

Hi,

The following issue has been added to the github tracker:

https://github.com/netconf-wg/yang-library/issues/3

A section will be added on the relationship to the existing
NETCONF monitoring module.

Need to determine consensus on relationship to RFC 6020.

A) should the 'schema' list be deprecated and the 'modules' container
be implemented or should both data structures be implemented?
Recommend: keep both because 'schema' supports more than YANG.

B1) should the 'get-schema' RPC support modules and submodules
from the YANG library?

B2) should the server support the 'schema' leaf (URI) and also support
the 'get-schema' RPC?

B3) should the 'schema' leaf indicate that 'get-schema' RPC can be
used for retrieval?

B4) are multiple 'schema' URIs needed? (e.g. like leaf-list 'location')

B5) Does YIN format retrieval need to be supported or just YANG format?

Andy