Subject: [Netconf] Update to draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 16:02:40 -0400

I've updated my personal tracking draft for I2RS requirements upon NETMOD
and NETCONF.  The primary changes are:
- To correct the NETCONF over SSH case which is believed to be complete - I
   had failed to read that RFC's security considerations section fully.
- I've removed the subscription section and pointed to the separate draft, 
  draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements.

The primary sticking point remains what to do about the ephemeral state.  At
IETF 91, we had volunteers willing to document what their ephemeral
implementations actually did rather than trying to invent our own.  However,
these individuals appear to have been consistently busy during that time
frame.  I'd like to use this email to prod them again to lend their efforts
on documenting their ephemeral implementations.

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 12:43:40 -0700
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes on draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements

Hello,

This is a notification from the Personal ID list of [email-masked].

Document: draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements

Change:
New version available: *draft-haas-i2rs-netmod-netconf-requirements-01.txt*

Best regards,

        The datatracker draft tracking service
        (for the IETF Secretariat)

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:41:32 -0700

[Speaking as contributor]

Jeff,

I must have missed the previous reminder or notification about where to add ephemeral requirements. 

But would like to add the case which I described on the rtg-yang-coord mailing list. Basically there is a requirement that certain configurations should not be stored in a running configuration but could be saved in ephemeral data store. Example - loop back configuration on a interface. Can be configured but never stored in a startup configuration. 

This might be different from i2rs requirements in that the configuration is marked for not writable to a startup and remain as part of ephemeral store. 

Mahesh Jerhanandani
[email-masked]

> On Mar 8, 2015, at 1:02 PM, Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod