Subject: [Netconf] server-model #46: move "peer_allowed_to_send" to Call Home draft?

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:11:29 +0000

This issue (see subject line and link below) was discussed during the
Dallas meeting with no clear agreement, so bringing the discussion to the
list now.

As Juergen questioned originally, if configuring keep-alives (and perhaps
tcp timeouts) is important, then the call-home draft should say something
about it.   This makes sense as the call-home draft intends to describe
the protocol, leaving the server-model draft to focus on the yang modules.
  One issue arises, though, in that the server-model uses keep-alives
under both the "call-home" and "listen" subtrees.  We may want to remove
the keep-alive configuration under the "listen" subtree, where it only
supports a low-value use-case.  If we remove it, then it clears the way to
adding text to the call-home draft, as only the "call-home" subtree would
be left in the netconf/restconf yang modules.

Note: This issue is related to server-model #43 [1], which is about the
default value for /keep-alives/interval-secs, and asks if the server-model
should have a knob to configure the tcp timeout value.   If we agree that
there should be a knob to configure the tcp timeout, then the call-home
draft should discuss this in the same section where is would discuss the
need for SSH/TLS-level keep-alives.

This issue is hence moved to the OPEN (not VERIFY) state.  The issue will
move to the VERIFY state with the above proposal if no objection is raised
by April 6th.

Reference: https://github.com/netconf-wg/server-model/issues/46

Thanks,
Kent