Subject: [Netconf] The use of YANG 1.1 Features in NETCONF Drafts WAS: Summary and AIs from the NETCONF Session in IETF #92

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:47:32 +0000

> ---- Original Message -----
> From: "Ersue, Mehmet (Nokia - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:50 PM
>
> Dear NETCONF WG,
>
> this email is to verify the opinion poll in IETF 92 NETCONF session
> concerning the use of YANG 1.1 Features in NETCONF Drafts.
>
> As reported in the session summary below, the opinion poll for the use
> of YANG 1.1 features has been supported by 16 and disagreed by 1
person.
> The disagreement was based on the assumption that the finalization of
> the YANG 1.1 draft may possibly take longer than currently expected.
>
> Please speak up by April 1, 2015 23:59 PT, if you have objections to
use
> YANG 1.1 features in current NETCONF drafts.
> The co-chairs will declare consensus after the deadline.

 A clarification.

 I assume that this would make YANG 1.1 a Normative Reference for e.g.
 netconf-server so that that I-D and others could not become RFC until
 YANG 1.1 does, which is some months or more away.

 Tom Petch

> Regards,
> Mehmet
>
> From: Netconf [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext
Ersue,
> Mehmet (Nokia - DE/Munich)
> Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:01 AM
> To: Benoit Claise; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Netconf] Summary and AIs from the NETCONF Session in IETF
#92

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:16:05 +0100

>  YANG 1.1 does, which is some months or more away.

The current plan is to have a complete version of the YANG 1.1
specification in April and then we will go into WG last call mode.  If
things go really well, the extra YANG 1.1 delay will be mostly zero.

Note that netconf-server depends on RESTCONF (which currently also
depends on JSON). Given the discussions around RESTCONF this week, it
might take roughly the same amount of time to finish up RESTCONF as it
might take to finish up NETCONF.

Since mostly the same group of people are actively involved in these
documents, I think we should be able to coordinate and deliver a set
of documents.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>