Subject: [Netconf] YANG models in the RFC 6022 capabilites branch?

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 18:42:28 +0200

Hello

Reading RFC6022 I got the impression it contains capabilities for
YANG datamodels twice. Once in the capabilities branch and once in
the schemas.

Is this interpretation correct? If yes it is somewhat annoying.

RFC6020:

Announcing Conformance Information in the <hello> Message
The namespace URI MUST be advertised as a capability in the NETCONF
<hello> message to indicate support for the YANG module by a NETCONF
server.

RFC 6022

2.1.1. The /netconf-state/capabilities Subtree
The /netconf-state/capabilities subtree contains the capabilities
supported by the NETCONF server. The list MUST include all
capabilities exchanged during session setup still applicable at the
time of the request.

Balazs

--
Balazs Lengyel Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
Senior Specialist
ECN: 831 7320
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909 email: [email-masked]

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 09:54:12 -0700

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Balazs Lengyel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello
> Reading RFC6022 I got the impression it contains capabilities for YANG
> datamodels twice. Once in the capabilities branch and once in the schemas.

yes this is correct.
The tables provide different data so IMO it is not annoying.

Andy

> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
>

---

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 11:12:23 +0200

This way a YANG module is visible in 3 places: RFC6022 schema branch, 
capabilities branch and the new yang-library module. Seems a bit excessive.
Balazs

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 11:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

> capabilities branch and the new yang-library module. Seems a bit

Well, a YANG 1.1 module wouldn't be present in the capabilities list.

But maybe an update to 6022 should deprecate the schema list.

/martin

---

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 12:32:31 +0200

Or maybe we could merge 6022 and the yang-library using a feature to 
separate schemas and the rest of 6022.
Balazs