Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-server-model-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 07:56:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : NETCONF Server and RESTCONF Server Configuration Models
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Juergen Schoenwaelder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-server-model-07.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   This draft defines a NETCONF server configuration data model and a
   RESTCONF server configuration data model.  These data models enable
   configuration of the NETCONF and RESTCONF services themselves,
   including which transports are supported, what ports the servers
   listen on, call-home parameters, client authentication, and other
   related configuration parameters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-server-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-server-model-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-server-model-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:13:15 +0000

Hi,

This update addresses all the issues raised on the issue tracker.  For a
detailed list, please see the change log here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-server-model-07#appendix-B.7
.

Special note about Issue #49, this draft includes Appendix A as an
alternative solution using keychain, ssh server, and tls server objects.
The resulting relationship between the various YANG models is depicted
below:

                     +-------------+
                     |ietf-keychain|
                     +-------------+
                         ^    ^
                         |    |
              <leafref>  |    |  <leafref>
            +------------+    +------------+
            |                              |
     +---------------+            +------------------+
     |ietf-ssh-server|            | ietf-tls-server  |
     +---------------+            +------------------+
       ^                               ^       ^
       | <uses>                        |       |
       |            <augments>         |       |
       |          +--------------------+       | <augments>
       |          |                            |
   +-------------------+         +--------------------+
   |ietf-netconf-server|         |ietf-restconf-server|
   +-------------------+         +--------------------+

I want to discuss with the group if we should adopt this solution instead,
perhaps breaking it up into separate drafts submitted to different working
groups.

Thanks,
Kent

On 7/6/15, 10:56 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf