Subject: [Netconf] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-netconf-17-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:50:09 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-netconf-17-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You might consider moving the paragraph about producing a status report
in a later stage to after the text about work items for the current
phase.

Item 1: Can you give the full draft names for the mentioned drafts? 

item 2: This seems like several items.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:32:34 +0200

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netconf/
The current charter text is:

   1. Combine the server configuration data models from the Call Home and
RFC5539bis drafts in a separate Server Configuration YANG module by addressing
the need for NETCONF as well as RESTCONF.

It's true that RFC5539bis is now rfc7589, so explaining the history in 
the charter probably doesn't make sense any longer.

The charter text has been changed to:
   1. Provide a Server Configuration YANG module for both NETCONF and 
RESTCONF.
> item 2: This seems like several items.
That's right. It was initially a single document, but the WG decided to 
split it into
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library-01 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library/>
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch-05 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch/>
draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-07 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-restconf/>

The charter text reflects the different work items (without mentioning 
the draft names, granted)
Note that these are already WG documents.

Regards, Benoit

> .