Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:41:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Zero Touch Provisioning for NETCONF Call Home
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Joe Clarke
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-04.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This draft presents a technique for establishing a secure NETCONF or
   RESTCONF connection between a newly deployed device, configured with
   just its factory default settings, and its rightful owner's network
   management system (NMS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:47:31 +0000

Here's the change log for this update:

   o  Major update formally introducing unsigned data and support for
      Internet-based redirect servers.  The privacy issue raised during
      IETF 93.

   o  Added many terms to Terminology section.

   o  Added all new "Guiding Principles" section.

   o  Added all new "Sources for Bootstrapping Data" section.

   o  Rewrote the "Interactions" section and renamed it "Workflow
      Overview".

Draft draft is looking close to done.  The only major outstanding issue
currently is needing the define a specific data-signing algorithm.

Cheers,
Kent

On 10/19/15, 5:41 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:48:37 +0000

I just noticed a mistake in four examples in the zero touch draft.

In examples 6.2.1 through 6.2.4, the top-level node returned should be <device xmlns='...’>  (not <devices xmlns='...’>).

I’ve already made this change locally and thus it will corrected be in the next update.

Thanks,
Kent