Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:11:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home
        Author          : Kent Watsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-12.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-11-23

Abstract:
   This RFC presents NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home, which
   enable a NETCONF or RESTCONF server to initiate a secure connection
   to a NETCONF or RESTCONF client respectively.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-call-home/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:18:47 +0000

All,

This update addresses the comments received from the IESG review as follows:

1. Replace “can refer” with “refers” (Simon Josefsson):
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/ff877511933338c0ea2961732be78d2e632cb120

2. Replace “MUST immediately start” with “starts”  (From Barry Leiba, Suresh Krishnan, and Jari Arkko):
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/de05e7d6321154f33d35e1abde9956b1f9df3efc

3. Added comment for the SSH/TLS-client DoS concern  (Stephen Farrell and Joseph Salowey)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/99fb087a6bf13ac90de5fd5bbe0e9f44e7fd025d 

4. Added comment regarding vulnerability in SSH/TLS clients. (Stephen Farrell and Joseph Salowey)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/8d0b045d7b8f63c0c7a4a3e37c82181f953dbda2

5. Addressed concern that multiple Issuers may have overlapping unique identifiers (Stephen Farrell and Joseph Salowey)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/1b9d54f5f4b441c8c79d65b038080b402e7e0ab4

6. Addressed concern regarding revocation checking (Stephen Farrell)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/389e8aeb3f8ff3af3c03fd7af28bff5b555e7383

7. Adding statement ensuring client sends correct client-auth (Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/f1f3fb8f3f5b39ea1241c81b655c84a6b933f608

8. Clarified in S5 that client auth regards "transport (SSH or TLS) level” client auth (Kathleen Moriarty)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/709b4f357b5e4a2510526472827552659d93a146

9. Reworded S5 to more clearly indicate that transport-level client auth is always except for in some RESTCONF cases (Kathleen Moriarty)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/d6398d002583754dd04024a3a36049b2d27d37ee

10. Qualified that the "security analysis" for call home was/is the process of publishing the draft. (Kathleen Moriarty)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/820d54e0ddb14ff1c85853907eb507d136a8778e

11. added a special warning regarding Basic and Digest auth schemes   (Kathleen Moriarty)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/1bd4f7ccbbed38a58294f10ba17fb3e101ac2b3c

12. Replace "This is no different than any” with "This is similar to any other"  (Ben Campbell)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/f6b670885ab0a73d9940dbaff3cc801062d5906d

13. Clarified S1 and C1 with "MUST default to IANA ports”
(Ben Campbell and Martin Stiemerling, and Spencer Dawkins)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/ae2cde7536e17a6886af3f05a084cd9c3b632609
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/cb7d147587c01e2e8addd2f362739973bb65d174

14. Added an overview diagram  (Martin Stiemerling)
https://github.com/netconf-wg/call-home/commit/f4be76a348e251a41a51035a16ce367cced1b4f2

Thanks,

Kent

On 11/23/15, 8:11 PM, "Netconf on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf