Subject: [Netconf] LL review of yang-patch-07

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:08:57 +0100

Hi,

I have reviewed the document, it is well-written and has IMO no major
problems, so I support its publication. My company plans an
implementation.

Here are my comments/questions:

*** General
    - The term "target resource" seems to mean two things: in section
      2.2 it is probably the "root" resource identified in
      Request-URI, but later it is the node identified by the "target"
      leaf. It should be explained, or different terms might be used,
      e.g. target-subtarget.
    - The existence of two delete operations ("delete" and "remove")
      is a historical accident coming from NETCONF. I think it would
      be better to have just one operation, and a general "no-errors"
      flag that could be applied to other operations, too ("create").
    - Is it possible to delete a whole list at once with yang-patch?

*** Specific
    - sec. 2.1: What happens if there are several roots? Is the patch
      applied to all?
    - sec. 2.2: Why is "patch-id" optional? What happens if it's not
      present in a request?

*** Typos
    - sec. 2.1: s/identity/identify/

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C