Subject: [Netconf] Fwd: BCP 203, RFC 7803 on Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:57:17 +0100

Regards, B.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	BCP 203, RFC 7803 on Changing the Registration Policy for the 
NETCONF Capability URNs Registry
Date: 	Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:33:49 -0800 (PST)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         BCP 203
         RFC 7803

         Title:      Changing the Registration Policy for
                     the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry
         Author:     B. Leiba
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       February 2016
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      3
         Characters: 5133
         Updates:    RFC 6241
         See Also:   BCP 203

         I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-02.txt

         URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7803

         DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7803

The registration policy for the "Network Configuration Protocol
(NETCONF) Capability URNs" registry, set up by RFC 6241, has turned
out to be unnecessarily strict.  This document changes that
registration policy to "IETF Review", allowing registrations from
certain well-reviewed Experimental RFCs, in addition to Standards
Track RFCs.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

.