Subject: [Netconf] restconf draft bug

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:47:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

It was pointed out to me privately that there is a bug in appendix
D.1.3 in the restconf draft.

Section 9.1.2 says about the "defaults" capability:

   This protocol capability URI MUST be supported by the server, and
   MUST be listed in the "capability" leaf-list in Section 9.3.

Yet this capability is missing from the example in D.1.3.  I also
noted that the XML namespace was missing for no apparent reason.  For
completeness the "with-defaults" capability should also be listed.

So, I will do:

OLD:

  <capabilities xmlns="">
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:depth:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:fields:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:filter:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:start-time:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:stop-time:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     http://example.com/capabilities/myparam
    </capability>
   </capabilities>

NEW:

   <capabilities
       xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-restconf-monitoring">
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:defaults:1.0?
        basic-mode=explicit
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:with-defaults:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:depth:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:fields:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:filter:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:start-time:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     urn:ietf:params:restconf:capability:stop-time:1.0
    </capability>
    <capability>
     http://example.com/capabilities/myparam
    </capability>
   </capabilities>

/martin