Subject: [Netconf] Announcement of Sysrepo project Netconf/YANG datastore project participation in IETF96 Hackathon

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:43:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello.

Sysrepo (http://www.sysrepo.org) is a free open source project that aims 
to provide infrastructure to make devices/applications manageable using 
Netconf/YANG. Development is done using Github. Mailing lists are 
available here at (http://lists.sysrepo.org/listinfo).

Currently it consists of Netopeer2 (Netconf Server), Sysrepod (data store 
daemon), Libyang (YANG validation library) and other components for 
testing etc.

Sysrepo is right now under development, but what's already finished is 
support for configuration data (running/startup) and RPCs. In the upcoming 
months there will be support for operational data, notifications, 
commit/confirm, and changes to support YANG 1.1. We also plan to add more 
programming language bindings for applications that are controlled via 
Sysrepo.

You can also use the Sysrepo libraries for standalone mode without having 
a deamon running, just using files on disk for the configuraton.

Currently development target platforms are OpenWrt and other Linux 
operating systems, but the goal is to be platform independent. We're in 
the process of migrating previous work that created support for multiple 
IETF standards model, to the new APIs.

Multiple Sysrepo developers/participants will be available at the 
Hackathon at IETF96 to assist if there are any questions in how to get 
started with Sysrepo, and we're currently talking to multiple parties who 
will be attending and doing work on adopting applications to speak to 
Sysrepo.

We have for instance done an example modification of "dnsmasq" to store 
its configuraiton in Sysrepo and make it configurable by external means 
using Netconf:

https://github.com/sysrepo/dnsmasq-sysrepo

Announcement including asciinema "video" here:

http://lists.sysrepo.org/archives/sysrepo-devel/2016-June/000103.html

We'd be happy to answer any further questions or thoughts/improvement 
suggestions, either here, privately or if you subscribe to the Sysrepo 
mailing lists and ask the questions there.

Thanks!

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]