Subject: [Netconf] review request for media type application/yang-data

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 16:10:38 -0700

Hi,

Here is the revised application/yang-data media type registration request
(was application/yang-data+xml)

      Type name: application

      Subtype name: yang-data

      Required parameters: None

      Optional parameters: None

     // RFC Ed.: replace draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis with
     // the actual RFC reference for YANG 1.1, and remove this note.

      Encoding considerations: 8-bit
         Each conceptual YANG data node is encoded according to the
         XML Encoding Rules and Canonical Format for the specific
         YANG data node type defined in [draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis].

     // RFC Ed.: replace 'NN' in Section NN of [RFCXXXX] with the
     // section number for Security Considerations
     // Replace 'XXXX' in Section NN of [RFCXXXX] with the actual
     // RFC number, and remove this note.

      Security considerations: Security considerations related
         to the generation and consumption of RESTCONF messages
         are discussed in Section NN of [RFCXXXX].
         Additional security considerations are specific to the
         semantics of particular YANG data models. Each YANG module
         is expected to specify security considerations for the
         YANG data defined in that module.

     // RFC Ed.: replace XXXX with actual RFC number and remove this
     // note.

      Interoperability considerations: [RFCXXXX] specifies the
         format of conforming messages and the interpretation
         thereof.

     // RFC Ed.: replace XXXX with actual RFC number and remove this
     // note.

      Published specification: RFC XXXX

      Applications that use this media type: Instance document
        data parsers used within a protocol or automation tool
        that utilize YANG defined data structures.

      Fragment identifier considerations: The fragment field in the
         request URI has no defined purpose.

      Additional information:

        Deprecated alias names for this type: N/A
        Magic number(s): N/A
        File extension(s): .xml
        Macintosh file type code(s): "TEXT"

     // RFC Ed.: replace XXXX with actual RFC number and remove this
     // note.

      Person & email address to contact for further information: See
         Authors' Addresses section of [RFCXXXX].

      Intended usage: COMMON

      Restrictions on usage: N/A

     // RFC Ed.: replace XXXX with actual RFC number and remove this
     // note.

      Author: See Authors' Addresses section of [RFCXXXX].

      Change controller: Internet Engineering Task Force
         (mailto:iesg&ietf.org).

      Provisional registration? (standards tree only): no