Subject: [Netconf] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 11:38:22 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-restconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how PATCH is MUST support but optional to implement in 

   The RESTCONF server MUST support the PATCH method.  RESTCONF uses the
   HTTP PATCH method defined in [RFC5789] to provide an extensible
   framework for resource patching mechanisms.  It is optional to
   implement by the server.
   
Can you help me understand?

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:13:08 -0700

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-restconf/
This is a bug.
The contradiction in sec 4.1 OPTIONS will be corrected so it
aligns with the MUST in sec. 4.6 PATCH

Andy