Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:16:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Zero Touch Provisioning for NETCONF or RESTCONF based Management
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-11.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This draft presents a secure technique for establishing a NETCONF or
   RESTCONF connection between a newly deployed device, configured with
   just its factory default settings, and its deployment specific
   network management system (NMS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 22:23:24 +0000

All,

Sorry about revving it twice, but Benoit’s validation tool nabbed my even after it was clean per `pyang --ietf` and the datatracker submission tools.

Regardless, here’s the relevant change log:

   o  Factored ownership vocher and voucher revocation to a separate
      document: draft-kwatsen-netconf-voucher. (issue #11)

   o  Removed <configuration-handling> options 'edit-config' and yang-
      patch'. (issue #12)

   o  Defined how a signature over signed-data returned from a bootstrap
      server is processed. (issue #13)

   o  Added recommendation for removable storage devices to use open/
      standard file systems when possible.  (issue #14)

   o  Replaced notifications "script-[warning/error]" with "[pre/post]-
      script-[warning/error]". (goes with issue #15)

   o  switched owner-certificate to be encoded using the pkcs#7 format.
      (issue #16)

   o  Replaced md5/sha1 with sha256 inside a choice statement, for
      future extensibility. (issue #17)

   o  A ton of editorial changes, as I went thru the entire draft with a
      fine-toothed comb.

And here’s a link to the referenced voucher draft, also just submitted
today: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwatsen-netconf-voucher-00

Thanks,
Kent

On 10/31/16, 6:16 PM, "Netconf on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf