Subject: [Netconf] IESG telechat Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 16:42:16 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17
Reviewer: Dale R. Worley
Review Date: 2016-10-07
IETF LC End Date: 2016-08-03
IESG Telechat date: 2016-10-13

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as a Standards Track RFC.

This is a comparison of draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17 against my review
for draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-16.  In my opinion, all review items
have been resolved.  I am repeating the following item because its
resolution is by recognizing an error in the referenced RFC 6415, which
perhaps ought to be considered by the IESG:

    The draft makes use of reltive URLs as values of the href
    attribute of the Link element in XRD documents (RFC 6415).
    Relative links are not usually considered to be "URIs", but rather
    "URI-references" (RFC 3986 section 4.1), and RFC 6415 uses "URI"
    consistently, not "URI-reference".  Also, all examples in RFC 6415
    show complete URIs.

Note that the above issue has been resolved with the understanding
that RFC 6415 is incorrectly stated, and it seems to have always been
intended to allow relative URLs in XRD:  Compare with its source,
Extensible Resource Descriptor (XRD) Version 1.0
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/xrd/v1.0/xrd-1.0.html) sections 2.6
and 1.5.2.  This issue has been filed as erratum 4811 to RFC 6415
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=4811).

Dale