Subject: [Netconf] Alexey Melnikov's Yes on draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:53:32 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for a well written document. A couple of small nits in your
media type registration:

4.2.1.  Media Type application/yang-patch+xml

      Subtype name: yang-patch

Should be "yang-patch+xml"

      Encoding considerations: 8-bit
         Each conceptual YANG data node is encoded according to the
         XML Encoding Rules and Canonical Format for the specific
         YANG data node type defined in [RFC7950].
         In addition, the "yang-patch" YANG Patch template found
         in [RFCXXXX] defines the structure of a YANG Patch request.

If you are allowing any of UTF-16 encodings, then the above is not
correct and should say "Binary".

      Fragment identifier considerations: Fragment identifiers
         for this type are not defined.

I suggest you just say "The same as for application/xml".

It would be good if you register a new file extension for this media
type.