Subject: [Netconf] YANG data media type file extensions

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:15:26 -0700

Hi,

An issue came up in the IESG review of draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-17.
The media type templates are specified incorrectly.

The file extensions specified now:

   application/yang-data+xml  = .xml
   application/yang-data+json = .json

Other foo+xml media type entries list 'None' for file extensions.
The .xml (as a fallback) is implied by the +xml.

The choices seem to be

  A) change the file extension fields to 'None'
  B) pick a new file extension for each of these media types

I propose (A) -- that the file extension be changed to 'None' since there
are
no existing file extensions in use for YANG data. Send comments to the
WG mailing list by Thursday, October 27, 2016.  If there are no strong
objections, then these edits will be made in the restconf-18 draft.

Andy

---

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:07:53 -0700

On 10/24/2016 10:15 AM, Andy Bierman wrote:
> I propose (A) -- that the file extension be changed to 'None' since 
> there are

(A) is all right. Weakly in favor of (A).

Sean