Subject: [Netconf] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-netconf-19-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:28:14 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-netconf-19-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this  to allow other working groups to work on models related to their
protocols, as long as their protocols are not "network management protocols".
Is this the intent?

As usual, I do not in general love the idea of standing WGs with open ended
charters. But I think I'm an outlier on that point and will not get in the way
of approval.

Since this recharter removes the more extensive history lesson from the later
paragraphs, maybe it's also time to remove the history of the name from the
first sentence? That is, just start with "The NETwork CONFiguration Working
Group (NETCONF) is responsible..."

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 21:43:21 +0000

Hi Ben,
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netconf/
Yes.
> Group (NETCONF) is responsible..."
I have a small preference for keeping it.
Let's discuss some more during our IESG meeting tomorrow, if needed.

Regards, B.
> .

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 09:30:00 +0000

> On Mar 17, 2018, at 9:43 PM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Ben,

I’m fine keeping it. I just wanted to make sure it was being kept on purpose rather than by default.

Thanks!

Ben.