Subject: [Netconf] STD 91, RFC 8341 on Network Configuration Access Control Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 91        
        RFC 8341

        Title:      Network Configuration Access Control Model 
        Author:     A. Bierman,
                    M. Bjorklund
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 109849
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6536
        See Also:   STD 91

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8341

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8341

The standardization of network configuration interfaces for use with
the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) or the RESTCONF protocol
requires a structured and secure operating environment that promotes
human usability and multi-vendor interoperability.  There is a need
for standard mechanisms to restrict NETCONF or RESTCONF protocol
access for particular users to a preconfigured subset of all
available NETCONF or RESTCONF protocol operations and content.  This
document defines such an access control model.

This document obsoletes RFC 6536.

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC