Subject: [Netconf] [Errata Rejected] RFC6242 (5305)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:06:02 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC6242,
"Using the NETCONF Protocol over Secure Shell (SSH)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5305

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: HengyingFan <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-03-26
Rejected by: Ignas Bagdonas (IESG)

Section: 6

Original Text
-------------
   This document also recommends that SSH servers be configurable to
   allow access to the "netconf" SSH subsystem over other ports.  Use of
   that configuration option without corresponding changes to firewall
   or network device configuration may unintentionally result in the
   ability for nodes outside of the firewall or other administrative
   boundaries to gain access to the "netconf" SSH subsystem.

Corrected Text
--------------
   This document also recommends that SSH servers be configurable to
   allow access to the "netconf" SSH subsystem over other ports.  Use of
   that configuration option without corresponding changes to firewall
   or network device configuration may unintentionally result in the
   inability for nodes outside of the firewall or other administrative
   boundaries to gain access to the "netconf" SSH subsystem.

Notes
-----
ability -> inability
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
It was discussed among reporter, document authors, and WG members and the conclusion was that the original text in the document is technically correct. 

Email discussion: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netconf/xMBJjW9Sn5xzXZYhwVbRM0Im1fg

--------------------------------------
RFC6242 (draft-ietf-netconf-rfc4742bis-08)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Using the NETCONF Protocol over Secure Shell (SSH)
Publication Date    : June 2011
Author(s)           : M. Wasserman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG